Sunday, July 28, 2013

My birthday cake

I celebrated my 27th birthday yesterday...my golden birthday! My parents jokingly said I made up "golden birthdays", but I knew they existed! For those who don't know what a golden birthday is...it's just when you turn the age of the date you were born. I turned 27 on the 27th.

Anyway...I decided I wanted to make a cake. I have never made a layered cake before. I love The Pioneer Woman, I so tried her Chocolate Strawberry Nutella Cake. 

Unfortunately my camera battery died and I wasn't able to take pictures of the process of making it, but I followed her recipe exactly. The end result was not as pretty, but it tasted super good. I might have discovered a little love for cake.

I would like to get better at making cakes, and making them look beautiful. I also need to work on being patient when it comes to baking.  I had a lot of time yesterday to let the cakes cool, but I was impatient and wanted to see them out of the pans. This resulted in one of the cakes cracking, so I learned my lesson. Luckily the cake was devoured and tasted delicious.

Please try this cake. Recipe is in the link above.

Here's a few pictures.


Place your first cake on a cake plate.



Put 3/4 cup of Nutella and spread evenly. 



Then put half of the whipped cream and half of the strawberries on surface of the cake. Begin the second layer. 

Then you have this...!!!


It was a beautiful birthday. I am blessed with amazing family and friends. 







4 comments:

  1. Loved your cake! And it was so good to hang out with you :) Hope you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! That looks amazing. I want some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mackenzie! We ate it all...haha. You should make it.

      Delete