Friday, August 22, 2014

Books and Movies

My husband and I are so behind in what movies are out right now.  But here are a few classics and new films we watched recently. 

I also have had some reading time. Reading a good book is so therapeutic. 



Movies:
Clue-Filmed in 1985. So incredibly weird but funny. It is on Netflix.  If you are ever really bored and need a laugh check it out. All of the actors are classics from the 80's.  It made me want to play the game.  


The Lego Movie- It was cute. The different characters and plot was pretty clever. I love the way the film ends. Father-son mushiness. :) 

 

Serenity- A space western film. Weird and freaky, and kind of good. One of those movies that suddenly becomes scary. It is the conclusion to the show Firefly, which was cancelled in the middle of its first season. So if you were a fan of Firefly and need closure, watch Serenity. Nathan Fallion plays the ship's captain (also main actor in Castle). I really like him and think he is a great actor.  

              

Oblivion- "A veteran assigned to extract Earth's remaining resources begins to question what he knows about his mission and himself."(IMDB). It was good, but Peter had to stop it like three times to make sure I understood what was going on. I would think I had it figured it out then the plot would get weirder...

             Oblivion (2013) Poster


Books:
I have read a lot of books that I haven't blogged about. For now here are two that I liked.

      theluckyone
Total chick flick book. Those are nice every once in a while.                 


             

This is book two of the Call the Midwife series. If you loved the show you will love the books. She is an excellent author and all the stories are from her life and what she witnessed through her time working with the people of Poplar. I loved this book and can't wait to read all of them. Reading about England's history dealing with midwifery and life after the war was fascinating. 

What have you seen or read recently? Anything I should check out? 

No comments:

Post a Comment