Tuesday, August 26, 2014

It was a horrible idea...

Peter went out with some friends on Friday night so I decided to chill and watch a movie while hanging out with this beauty...


 I chose to watch August: Osage County. I love Julia Roberts and Meryl Streep.

                                           

I regretted watching it as soon as it started. There is not a single moment of happiness in the film. The acting is real, well done and beautiful. However, it was just way over board in tragic and CRAZY. Like, "cray-cray" crazy. Oh well...I tried.
Sometimes being that person who really gets into the characters of a movie or book is a bummer. I have to remind myself to get over it...ha.
And to be thankful...so thankful.

Last week I did get to read a book that I thought was incredible. 'Heaven Is For Real', by Todd Burpo. I couldn't put it down.

                                             
                                                 

It was such an amazing story. It made me cry and laugh. This family goes through some real hardships and beautiful adventures.

This book made me see Jesus through the eyes of a beautiful little four year old boy. I don't think I'll ever view my Savior the same. This book gave me such comfort for people that have gone through hardships. Those hardships that are not explainable and that bring insanely deep pain. Jesus knows and he cares.

Read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment