Thursday, August 7, 2014

Trying...just a little bit.

For the past few months I have had interesting conversations with all sort of different people regarding makeup. My favorite group that had this discussion was my sister, Erin, her husband and my husband. If you know my brother in law that should make you giggle.  We spent a good amount of time talking about mascara, eye liner, and where girls wear it. Both of our guys noticed when we wore more makeup. My sister has GORGEOUS blue eyes, so when she put mascara on her bottom lashes the vibrancy of her eyes caused her husband to faint! Just kidding.  But it did make her eyes pop (not in a scary way). :) 

My sisters and I never wore a lot of makeup. A few things contributed to that.  We grew up in Texas. Texas summers are like a billion degrees and humid. Heavy makeup felt heavy and steamy.  Beautiful, eh? We also played sports. For me personally, my eyes always seemed to water and I was scared mascara would drip. And I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get waterproof off...I know, I'm weird. 

BUT...I just had my 28th birthday and I would like to try a little bit harder.  I still don't do eyeliner...I would probably look like a raccoon.  I have zero knowledge of how one should apply makeup, but oh well. Someday somebody will teach me! 

I think it is funny that I've been thinking about "trying harder" when it comes to my face when there is a lot of stuff out there on social media about "not trying so hard." I totally agree. But for me, at this stage of life, there is something that makes me feel pretty with having mascara on, some powder, and a pretty lip color. 

For my birthday I went shopping. My friend Annie helped me pick out some fun lip colors. I love them! I am a girl on a budget and these were great prices.  I love Target. 



Baby Lips. Color: Strike a Rose. By: Maybelline.


                                    Smoochies Sizzle Gloss. Color: Hot Stuff. By: Covergirl

                
                              Baby Lips- Dr. Rescue. Color: Coral Crave. By: Maybelline. 

I also bought a cheap water proof mascara just to wear on my bottom lashes when I feel extra wild...ha. It is fun stuff.

What is your makeup style? What makes you feel all purdy and fancy?!

No comments:

Post a Comment