Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Mini Yorkshire Puddings

A long time ago I attempted to make one of my husband's favorite things, Yorkshire pudding...it ended up looking like corn bread and not yummy.

Randomly a few days ago I decided it was time to try again. Turned out amazing! We didn't eat them like most English would...they are usually served with a meat, potato and gravy type dish. I cooked up some amazing chicken sausages from Costco. Have you tried the Aidells pineapple and bacon chicken sausages? They are so yummy. We also had Pioneer Woman's coleslaw.
For the Yorkshire puddings I just researched for a recipe online...yay for internet! I followed the recipe exactly except I used COCONUT OIL instead of drippings or other oils. The coconut oil gave them a yummy flavor. I also don't own a Yorkshire pudding pan, so I used a muffin tin. They were cute. I also think I finally figured out that the English Yorkshire Pudding is our Popover!
 Learning, it's good for the brain.

Here is how mine turned out...pretty!


I will say that they aren't so good the next day. Good thing Peter ate most of them at dinner. I also thinking having them with a beef stew or pot roast would be delish!

Here is the recipe for the Yorkshire Pudding: http://www.food.com/recipe/my-mums-easy-and-traditional-english-yorkshire-pudding-203349

1 comment:

  1. They look really great - I think I will try the recipe. And I never knew that a tin with "4 wide and shallow cups" was a Yorkshire pudding tin!

    ReplyDelete