Monday, June 17, 2013

Cupcakes and The Bachelorette

Tonight some awesome ladies ventured to town to watch The Bachelorette (yes I'm that girl that watches The Bachelorette) and eat some cupcakes with me.

Every time I go to the library I bring home a collection of cook books. This week I am experimenting with 'barefoot contessa at home' by Ina Garten. I usually find her recipes too fancy and scary to even attempt but the recipe for chocolate cupcakes and peanut butter icing seemed like a good one to try. The recipe was fairly easy but lots of ingredients. I have learned that Ina Garten loves to use coffee when baking with chocolate. She says that it brings out the chocolate flavor more, and I totally agree.


*Disclaimer: I am not a photographer. I also think that the icing on this cupcake looks like doo-doo.

I liked the cupcakes, but found that they were a bit dry. Maybe I baked too long? They shouldn't be dry...had sour cream and buttermilk in them. They were pretty good despite not being super moist. The icing was good, but I would have preferred peanut butter icing with cream cheese...everything is better with cream cheese.

Her cookbook is awesome and I want to use it more.

1 comment:

  1. As your official tester I should probably rank your food as you go along right? So far this one is #1 :)

    ReplyDelete