Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The World Is Bigger Now

I read this book a few weeks ago. It was beautiful. It is the autobiography of Euna Lee. I remember hearing about this event on the news randomly in 2009, but life was so busy that year I didn't pay much attention to the story. I picked this book up at our library and was not able to put it down. I don't want to give too many details because you should read it. However, she and another reporter, Laura Ling, were held in a North Korean prison for five long months. She was branded a traitor and tortured through verbal abuse. Back home in the US her husband and daughter waited each day for any kind of news.


Now that I have a child I could not imagine what she was going through knowing her little baby was back home confused as to why she hadn't returned from her work trip.  This story reminded me that we must get on our knees and seek God in all situations. Euna Lee's experience is something I hope to never experience, but through her book I learned how faithful God is, all the time.

I hope you are able to read it. 

These images I found on Google. The above one is the book cover. The second is when she and Laura Ling stepped off the plane to see their families for the first time in five months. Beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment