Monday, June 24, 2013

Lark Rise to Candleford

Hi.

Recently I discovered another BBC Television charm called Lark Rise to Candleford. It is a great show.

Set in the 19th century, it focuses on the lives of people from two different towns. Lark Rise is portrayed as the poorer community and Candleford the wealthier community. The stories are told through the eyes of a teenage girl, Laura Timmins, who leaves her small county life in Lark Rise to begin working at the post office in Candleford.

My sister and I were talking about this show and she pointed out that she likes that writers focused on the poor and the rich. I love that it shows what daily life looked like for the people of Oxfordshire in the 19th century.

If you're like me and love the BBC series, you will love this one too. I love how each character has a story and it makes you want to keep watching.

The other great thing about this show is that you can watch all of the episodes on YouTube!


What are some BBC series you like? My absolute favorite so far is Call The Midwife...please watch it. :) The first season is on Netflix!



Lark Rise to Candleford is four seasons long, and I am only on season one. So I'll let you know if it's still good in a bit. I hear it is, so I look forward to watching.
Good night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment